Youth Leader Training
Who Should Attend
Youth Leader Training is the core training for anyone who wishes to become an officer in The Boys' Brigade. It is also for any other leaders who wish to extend their skills and knowledge in working with children and young people but who may not wish to become officers.
Officers are expected to have satisfactorily completed a Youth Leader Training course before being appointed. Warrant Officers should complete Youth Leader Training by the end of the first complete session after registration.
There are eight core modules of which participants will take six each, plus as many programme and activity modules as can be run at each event. These will vary depending on local expertise, but participants will come away with many new ideas and resources for their sections.
- The BB and the wider voluntary movement
- Building relationships with young people (for those working with over 11's)
- Working effectively with Young People (for those working with over 11's)
- Faith Development
- Equal Opportunities
- Building Relationships with children and their parents or carers (for those working with under 11's)
- Contributing to a child's development through BB (for those working with under 11's)
There are no training courses matching your search, please contact your Regional Headquarters for more information.